With the delay of menstruation faced every girl. The first thing that all women think in this situation: “Is there no pregnancy?”. They run to the pharmacy, buy a test, and he shows a negative result. Then there is a lot of thoughts and self-diagnosis, which caused a prolonged waiting for menstruation. But what is the actual cause, and is it worth panicking so much? Let’s see.
Is this really a serious delay or just a small glitch?
A normal female cycle lasts from three weeks to five. If the difference in the menstruation calendar is delayed to one week, then most likely the woman has some malfunctions in the body and needs to be examined together with a specialist, a gynecologist. He will determine if there is a pregnancy. The fact is that a negative test may turn out to be false, since in the early period the level of hCG, due to which two strips appear, is often still low. The falseness of a negative test is especially likely if it was performed on the day when menstruation is expected.
But in the case when the pregnancy is not in fact, many factors can cause the delay. Their severity depends on what type of delay occurred in a particular woman. This may be a violation of the cycle with a difference of up to two months but accompanied by weak bleeding for an entire couple of days. In addition, menstruation may simply be delayed for several days, when the cycle itself is delayed for its maximum period of up to 35 days. Or menstruation is absent in the life of a woman for six months already.
There is nothing to worry about if the delay lasts only a few days. You should not breed panic and ascribe to themselves a number of diseases. It is possible that this is just a slight glitch on the background of improper diet or stress, which is not a threat to the female body. But if this is repeated from month to month, then there is a reason to visit your doctor.
The main reasons for the delay of menstruation monthly
- The most common cause of the delay in menstruation is serious stressful situations. This may be a consequence of the difficult passing of the session in young girls, problems with raising the first child, difficult work days, and conflicts with the boss, excessive worries about personal life, serious illness or death of a loved one, etc. Any nervous condition, one way or another, affect the female body and at some point may have consequences. It is better to initially learn how to analyze and relate to everything as calmly as possible, remembering that health is always more important.
- Another frequent cause is a strong change in weight. This change can be either upward or downward. If a woman decided to lose weight quickly and went on a diet, limiting herself in nutrition, stopped using a number of vitamin products and dumped more than four kilograms per month, the body falls into a state of war and responds to such sudden drops. A beautiful figure is good. But without too much enthusiasm.
- Obesity, as the cause of delayed menstruation. Women who are overweight often face such problems. In such situations, it is most likely that you will not be able to cope with a problem and just lose weight. Consultation is not only a gynecologist but also an endocrinologist. It is necessary to determine the real cause of excess weight and eliminate it. It is possible that serious organ diseases or a strong hormonal failure can affect obesity.
- Moving Change of residence, too, to some extent, stress for the body. Especially if you changed not just the cities, but also the climatic zones, even time zones. Each climatic region has its own natural features and the body needs time to adjust to them.
- Incorrectly prescribed pills for protection from unwanted pregnancy. Any pills for unwanted pregnancy should be prescribed by a doctor, based on the results of tests, hormone levels and the individual characteristics of the female body. Tablets are a hormonal agent and can adversely affect the body. For the same reason can be attributed to the change of hormonal drugs or birth control pills.
- The reasons for the delay of the month can be attributed, and experienced operations in recent times. Especially if they were carried out on the genitals. Consultation with a doctor and observation of him for a certain period is mandatory.
- It can also be the consequences of abortion experienced in the past or even several abortions. Abortion is a serious intervention in a woman’s body and its consequences can often not manifest immediately but in a few months or years. This is influenced by the method of abortion and how professional.
- Inflammation of the kidneys or urinary system. The disease is quite serious and it is not uncommonly accompanied by difficulty during attempts to go to the toilet, with pain that gives to the lower back. Some women may confuse such a serious illness with cystitis and PMS. But if you find the first symptoms like this, you just need to see a doctor, be examined and tested.
- Tumor of the uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. The disease is terrible. A large percentage of what is found in the last stages. To avoid or detect this in the early stages, it is important to consult a doctor regularly as a preventive measure. Experts say that healthy women should visit the gynecologist at least once every six months.
- Strong vitamin deficiency. For the health of any person, not only women, it is very important that the body receives all the vitamins necessary for life and functioning. Therefore, it is important to monitor your own nutrition and, if necessary, to drink vitamin complexes.
- And yet, stress is the most common and frequent problem of delaying months in the absence of pregnancy. Especially bad if a woman is constantly subjected to serious experiences. Then it starts talking not only about visiting a gynecologist, but also a psychologist in order to learn how to cope with emotional pressure.
But if your problem seems to you, indeed, serious and the delay time is already long, then do not postpone the trip to the professional indefinitely. Comprehensive diagnostics, which your doctor will prescribe, will help you understand the cause and eliminate it as soon as possible until the consequences become irreversible and do not pull the chain of other diseases (which cause, do not forget, regular stress can also cause)
According to recent statistics, women very often, referring to various arguments, postpone this important visit to the gynecologist so much that, as a result, the detected diseases become intractable. It should be understood that the tumor grows, in most cases, without unnecessary symptoms and pain. It makes itself felt at the very last stages when treatment is ineffective or useless.
A regular and healthy menstrual cycle is the main indicator that you are doing well. Ignore the delay is not worth it. Especially if in the future you want to have a baby. If you miss any failures or illness, you may have problems with conceiving a baby, carrying it or giving birth.
What to do if the month delay and no pregnancy?
If you are sure of the veracity of the negative test, and the menstruation still does not occur, then there may be one advice – consult a doctor. Only a gynecologist and no one else will be able to determine the cause and tell you how to proceed. At the time of the examination, appointed by a specialist, and testing, exclude from the diet of junk food (or better exclude it altogether), stop nervous and worry. A gynecologist will definitely help you!