After being a user for years of the Xiaomi Mi Band 1S, I decided to jump into the new physical activity bracelet of Xiaomi, specifically the recently released Xiaomi Mi Band 3. That is why after using it intensively for several days. It is time to bring the full analysis and video review of the mi band 3 specs. A video review in which as always I always do in-depth and leave my tips to buy a smartwatch more sincere both for good. This new Gadget of Xiaomi can offer us and on everything bad that we can find.
Mi band 3 specs
- Brand Xiaomi
- Model My Band 3
- OS Own
- Screen OLED touch screen 0.78 “with resolution 128 x 80 pixels Black and white
- Construction material Plastic and 2.5D rounded glass for head and antiallergic silicone for interchangeable wristbands
- Connectivity Bluetooth 4.2 valid for Android 4.4 and above and iOS 9 and above – There is also a version with NFC for mobile payments although they are only for payments in China through Ali Pay
- Other specifications IP68 certification submersible up to 5 Atmospheres or what would come to be 50 meters – Real-time heart rate monitor to measure physical activity and sleep mode – three different clock skins –
Dimensions of the head 37 x 13’6 x 9’9 millimeters
- Head weight 8.66 grams
- Belt weight 11.37 grams
- The weight of the set 19.99 grams
- Drums 110 mAh of lithium polymers that gives us an autonomy of about 20 days of average use
The best of the Xiaomi Mi Band 3
Starting with the design of the My Band 3 that suffers an evolutionary change regarding the My Band 2, we find a bracelet of physical activity of the most complete and economic that we can find in today’s technology market.
Its best advantage can be seen in its spectacular 0.78-inch OLED touchscreen that looks very, very good indoors, by day in places that do not give the sun directly and especially has an ideal brightness at night.
A touchscreen with a button that camouflages perfectly on the screen without cutting the elegant and curved design of it and from which we can call the action of the different features offered by the My Band 3 that the truth is not few.
This way it offers us navigating through its 0.78-inch touchscreen with a resolution of 128 x 80 pixels, the following features:
- The interface of the hour with information of the complete date
- Information about steps, distance, calories burned and battery information.
- Heart rate sensor.
- Weather forecast of our location today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
- Notifications of applications showing us the icon of the app and part of the text of the notification.
- Mini-applications: stopwatch, activate silent mode, find the device and screen where we will find the three available clock skins.
To confirm any of the actions, such as measuring the heart rate, starting the stopwatch, finding the device and so on, we will confirm with the button keeping it pressed for three seconds. To go back just put your finger on the button slightly or navigate up and down or left and right on the touchscreen.
Heart rate sensor
The heart rate sensor had improved markedly compared to the My Band 2 and is that before it took around 20 seconds to take the pulse, now it does in about 10 seconds. The same goes for Bluetooth connectivity that if the Mi Band 2 had Bluetooth 4.0, it has Bluetooth 4.2 that offers better connectivity.
There is also a version with NFC connectivity for mobile payments although it will be of little use since, at least at the moment, it is only compatible for payments in Chinese territory.
Another highlight of this Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is its resistance to water that has improved significantly concerning the previous model and is that while the Mi Band 2 could only submerge one meter for 30 minutes, this Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is resistant to depths of 50 meters or 5 atm for one hour.
The last thing to highlight in the positive plan of the My Band 3. Apart from the sensational application, My Fit dedicated that we can download for free from the Google Play Store. It is without a doubt the autonomy of the battery that I am exceeding 20 days of use, spending an average of 5% of battery per day and that being a novelty I am giving but a lot of cane.
- Sensational finishes
- OLED touchscreen
- Heart rate sensor
- Sleep monitor
- Water resistance 50 meters
- The possibility of adding many activities
- Spectacular battery autonomy
The worst of the Mi Band 3
- Insufficient screen brightness in full sunlight
- Special owner charger
As for the worst of the Xiaomi Mi Band 3, as I tell you and I show you in the attached video that I left at the beginning of this post. It is without a doubt the brightness of the screen in brightly lit or when we directly give the sun. An intensity that is insufficient so that we will not see absolutely anything of the information that should be shown on the screen making it completely useless.