Would you like to prepare your own homemade electrolyte drink? Are you looking for an alternative to Isostar, Aquarius or Gatorade? Do you want to know the recipe for a healthy and cheap electrolyte drink? In here, we explain step by step how to prepare your own electrolyte refreshment, so that you never lack hydration in your running training. In addition, it is very good it is very easy to elaborate.
Homemade electrolyte drink recipe
Here we provide our own recipe for an electrolyte drink. You can always change the ingredients to your liking. The important thing is the quantities and that the proportion of carbohydrates does not exceed 10% of the total composition of the drink. A high concentration of solutes can reduce the absorption of water by our body. In addition, beverages that contain more than 10% of sugars can cause gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Water. We use water because it is one of the best natural restoratives for athletes. The problem is that water alone is limited and most times it lacks the necessary mineral input. That is why we must add other ingredients.
- Fruit juice. The fruit juice gives flavor and provides vitamin C. You can choose the juice that you like the most, but the ideal thing is to use the juice of two lemons or the juice of two oranges.
- Sea salt (unrefined)
- Sugar. Sugar will give you both glucose and fructose. If you prefer not to add sugar, you can also add honey.
- Sodium Bicarbonate.
- Extra: You can add sodium, potassium or magnesium, but with the above ingredients we have more than enough.
You may like also: Midget bodybuilder
Prepare a homemade electrolyte drink is very easy, and you do not need to be a kitchenette to get your Powerade style drink. These are the steps you must follow:
Steps to prepare your own drink for athletes
- The first step you should do is to boil a liter of mineral water. As you know, hot water dissolves salts and sugars better.
- Then add a teaspoon of baking soda.
- The third step involves squeezing two oranges and adding the juice to the hot water.
- In the fourth step, we add two tablespoons of sugar to the mixture.
- For the fifth and last step we will pour sea salt and the measure will be a teaspoon of coffee.
Other recipes of home electrolyte drinks
Other recipes to make your homemade sports drink:
- 1 liter of water.
- 450 mg of sea salt.
- Two grapefruit juice.
- 450 mg of sodium bicarbonate.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 liter of water.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Juice of two lemons.
The electrolyte drinks you can do at home are not the same as you would find in supermarkets, but very well meet its function. Thanks to these homemade preparations you can replace a large part of the nutrients during exercise.
Among the most important advantages, we emphasize the saving of money that supposes. But also, with our homemade electrolyte drink recipe, you can control the ingredients.
If you do not know how to transport your homemade electrolyte drink we give you the solution. You can find different types of hydration accessories for runners: drums, belts, tanks, fanny packs and backpacks …
Choose the option that best suits your training and enjoy your homemade sports drinks. Did you like our homemade electrolyte drink recipe? Do you think it’s easy to elaborate? We invite you to try our recipes and send us your own homemade recipe.