For those who adhere to the principles of healthy eating, chia-pudding will be the best option for a wholesome, yet healthy breakfast. This tasty dish in the morning will charge the body with a mass of nutrients and energy for the whole day. Today we will try to figure out what the uniqueness of the recently popular mango chia pudding lies in and learn how to prepare different versions of this useful delicacy.
Useful properties of seeds of Spanish sage
On the shelves of health food stores more and more often you can see bags labeled “Chia seed” (chia seeds). In these small grains is a huge amount of vitamins and nutrients. The seeds of Spanish sage contain many times more potassium than bananas and dried fruits, and the calcium content is many times greater than all dairy products. Due to this, the presence in the diet of chia grains makes the diet more useful, nutritious and complete.
Girls who want to adjust the shape should also pay attention to these unique grains. Once in the stomach, chia begins to swell, absorbing fluid, so the feeling of satiety comes much earlier.
Chia seeds do not have a pronounced taste and aroma – only true gourmets can catch the delicate spicy notes that give the dishes a special delicate taste. Cooks add these healthy grains to many foods: salads, omelets, puddings, pastries, and others. Cooking professionals prepare jelly and jellies from them and also mix ground seeds with flour during baking to avoid adding eggs.
Chia Chunks Simple Breakfast Recipes
There are many recipes for making chia seed puddings. The classic cooking method is as follows:
- In a glass of milk or yogurt, add 2 tablespoons of chia and mix. At the same time, you can add coconut chips, chopped dried fruits, and nuts.
- Put the container in the refrigerator for several hours (ideally at night). During this time, the seeds swell and become soft.
- Before use, you can add your favorite berries (fresh or thawed), chopped fruit, cocoa powder or vanilla.
Chia Pudding is perfect as a full breakfast and for a snack during the day.
Vitamin Chia Pudding Based on Coconut Milk
Food basket, designed for 2 servings:
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds;
- one and a half cup mango pulp;
- half a cup of coconut milk;
- 100 ml of cow’s milk (not too high fat);
- vanilla essence, sugar and chopped hazelnut kernels to taste;
- 1 cup chilled boiled water;
- leaves of fresh mint for decoration.
- Grind the cleaned mango pulp in a blender to a puree-like state. In the process of whipping, add water in small portions to form a fruit sauce.
- Pour the mango puree into portioned glasses (one-third of the capacity) and place in the refrigerator for an hour and a half.
- Pour coconut and cow’s milk into a skillet, add vanilla and sugar, and then add chia seeds.
- Stir the contents of the saucepan with a wooden spatula for a few minutes. You will notice that the mass will begin to thicken.
- Take out the glasses with the fruit sauce from the fridge and place the spoon over the mango with a mixture of chia. Return the portion containers to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, decorate chia pudding with chopped nuts and fresh mint leaves.
During the disintegration of chia grains in the liquid, I release gelatin, so the dishes prepared with their use acquire a viscous consistency. By adding different fruits and berries, you can experiment with different flavors.
Cooked chia pudding can be stored in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Prepare several servings of delicacy for the future – and you will always have a delicious and healthy chia seed breakfast.