Ralph George Macchio was born in Huntington on November 4, 1961. He comes from a family of clear Italian origins, although he is partly Greek from his father. He has a brother named Steve Macchio. He is married since 1987 to Phyllis Fierro, the couple had two children: Julia and Daniel.
Ralph Macchio biography
Macchio’s career in show business begins with a part of the show The Bradford Family in which the actor played the part of Jeremy Andretti. The first step towards fame comes with the participation in Francis Ford Coppola’s The Boys of 56th Street.
A second important role came in 1992 in My cousin Vincenzo with Joe Pesci. In 2018 he will return to LaRussa and find himself with his long-time enemy Willam Zabka in Cobra Kai, the Karate Kid school.
The “real” success is the leading role in the Karate Kid trilogy in 1984. Macchio plays the teenager Daniel LaRussa, a young man who is initiated into the art of Karate by the expert and wise master Miyagi. With this film, Ralph becomes one of the best-known faces of the 80s. According to several analysis and reports, Ralph Macchio’s net worth is about 4 million US dollars. The fact that he called Daniel his son makes it clear how important this role was.
- Hitchcock by Sacha Gervasi 2012
Roles: actor in the role of Joe Stefano
- My cousin Vincenzo by Jonathan Lynn 1992
- Karate Kid III – The final challenge of John G. Avildsen 1989
- Karate Kid II by John G. Avildsen 1986
- Mississippi Adventure by Walter Hill1986
- Karate Kid – To win tomorrow by John G. Avildsen 1984
- Arthur Hiller’s Teachers 1984
- The boys of the 56th Street of Francis Ford Coppola 1983
- A dangerous friendship of Lamont Johnson 1982