Unwanted vegetation can ruin even the slimmest and attractive legs! On what only girls go, to get rid of the bothered hairs. All sorts of creams and depilatory gels, electric epilators, wax and, of course, the usual razors are used. Each of these methods has its advantages and disadvantages: some are too expensive for the average budget, others are painful, and still, others are ineffective at home. However, today there is a method of depilation, which will be affordable for absolutely every young lady, and its effectiveness will force you to permanently abandon blades that traumatize the skin. It’s about sugaring.
What is sugaring? Cosmetology certificate
Those who at least once did waxing hair removal at home know how painful this procedure is. Nevertheless, the areas treated in this way remain smooth and silky much longer than after shaving, since the hair is completely removed, and not only the visible part of it. Sugaring works approximately the same: the volatile sugar paste carefully wraps around each hair, and after curing it is removed along with them with one hand movement.
Although sugaring seems to be a modern and innovative way, in fact, it is not: according to the legends, Cleopatra herself used the honey-sugar mixture to remove inappropriate hairs. Today, almost every beauty salon offers this service at a very reasonable cost, but there is always the possibility not to overpay to the master – almost every girl knows how to do sugaring at home. To make a sugar hair removal at home, you do not need any special skills or knowledge – there is absolutely nothing difficult in this procedure, and detailed instructions will help even beginners to cope with it.
Delicious beauty recipes or How to cook sugar paste for sugaring
Finding a special blend that is used by renowned craftsmen is not difficult – almost every professional cosmetics store has in its arsenal a few assorted jars with cherished sugaring paste produced by popular brands. Such a purchase can be quite expensive: as a rule, the more popular a brand is, the more expensive it will be.
However, modern girls do not have to give a significant amount to a professional tool, because it can be prepared at home. All the necessary ingredients are in the kitchen of anyone, even the most disorderly hostess who does not cook at home. The classic recipe includes lemon, sugar and some water, and for more nutritious and improved formulations, honey may also be required.
Traditional Sugaring Mix: A Step-by-Step Recipe
To prepare the composition for sugar hair removal, you will need:
- juice of a half-sized lemon;
- 4 tablespoons of water;
- 10 tablespoons of sugar.
Just mix it all in a saucepan (it is advisable to use dishes with a thick bottom) and stew on a small fire. After the composition begins to boil, you should cook it for about 5 minutes to a rich caramel color. Turn off the stove and leave the mixture to cool – if you use it hot, you can get a serious burn.
Honey paste in the microwave
There is nothing easier than preparing a special composition for sugaring at home using a microwave oven. Firstly, you do not have to constantly stir the tool so that it does not burn, and secondly, the number of dirty dishes will be halved. To prepare this mixture, you will need:
- a fourth of a glass of honey;
- a fourth of a glass of lemon juice;
- 1 cup of sugar.
Mix all this in a container in which you plan to store the composition, and then send it to the microwave for about 15 seconds, setting the maximum power. Repeat this procedure five or six times with a minute interval, then stir it and leave to cool.
How to prepare for sugar hair removal?
To sugaring at home was as effective and painless as possible, you should correctly prepare the skin for this procedure. Of primary importance is the length of the hairs: if they are too short, the removal will be incomplete, and if long, the process will become too painful and lengthy. Ideally, it is worth growing hairs of about 2-6 mm, but for a bikini and underarms area, 1-1.5 mm is also permissible.
About a day before the planned hair removal, clean the skin from keratinized scales. This will help to improve the susceptibility of the epidermis to the nutritional composition of the sugaring agent, as well as freeing fully or partially ingrown hairs. Moreover, it is better not to use a scrub that contains oils – too oily the surface adheres worse to the paste. For such a case, a coffee, salt or light fruit scrub based on grape seed will be optimal.
Himself a cosmetologist: sugaring at home
Tips on how to do the right hair removal yourself, a great many. To reduce discomfort, prevent irritation, hair in growth and avoid the mistakes of “newbie’s”, use the following algorithm:
- Thoroughly rub the skin. You can lie in the bath, or at least take a hot shower – the main thing is that the skin should turn red. High temperatures will accelerate blood circulation in the capillaries and make hair removal less painful.
- Dry you thoroughly, as the remaining moisture will degrade the bond between the paste and the hairs. Additionally, you can use alcohol-containing degreasing lotion.
- Take a small ball, knead it with your hands and gently apply to the skin against hair growth. Do not pull it up – it can injure the hair follicles. For application at home, you can use a special spatula or your own palms – as you prefer.
- After the paste has enveloped all the hairs in the area to be treated (approximately 3-5 minutes after application), with a sharp movement, remove the sugar layer in the course of hair growth.
- It’s not a fact that from the first time the skin will become perfectly smooth, but it’s not necessary to process the same area several times in a row – switch to another area, and return to the poorly processed one later. So the skin will have time to rest, and you will not be disturbed by irritation and slight itching.
- It is not always possible to process too large areas at once – if such an approach is acceptable on the legs or arms, and then the bikini area requires more thoroughness. If you are just starting to get acquainted with sugaring at home, apply the paste on areas of an average of 2 * 2 cm – this will help not to miss a single hair.
- When treating your hands and feet, you can use fabric patches or special strips to help remove the stuck mixture, but in the bikini, underarms and other small and hard-to-reach areas, it will be inconvenient to use strips.
- Since sugar hair removal is a rather lengthy procedure, the composition may cool down over time. Do not rush to throw it in the trash – you can always warm the frozen paste in a water bath or in the microwave.
- After epilation, apply a light regenerating and soothing cream or lotion to soothe the inflamed areas.
- Leftover pasta cannot throw away – it is perfectly stored in the refrigerator and does not lose its properties.
Each time the hairs will become thinner and weaker until they stop growing at all – sooner or later the regular damage to the bulb will be felt.
5 reasons to make sugaring
This method of hair removal at home has many undeniable advantages, but the most significant of them are:
- Efficiency. For carrying out a sugaring it will not be required any financial expenses – everything that is necessary for preparation of sugar paste is near at hand in each house.
- Hypoallergenic. Sugar is a 100% natural product that does not cause an allergic reaction.
- Painlessness Fragile composition neatly envelops hairs by the hair, which means it will not hurt to remove them as when using an epilator or wax strips.
- Long lasting effect. After sugaring, the skin for another 2-3 weeks remains smooth and silky, and new vegetation slowly begins to appear after 20-25 days.
- Lack of irritation and ingrown hairs. If you do not violate the technology of sugar hair removal, you will never damage the skin – on the contrary, the nutritional components of the composition will make it softer and more elastic.
And although sugaring can take up to 1.5 hours (and sometimes longer!), A delightful effect is worth a try: the skin will become perfectly smooth, fresh and shiny without the slightest hint of boring vegetation!